Thursday 26 May 2011

One Practice from the Buddhist Eightfold Path


I chose the practice Right Effort. Right effort is defined as "Right effort can be seen as a prerequisite for the other principles of the path. Without effort, which is in itself an act of will, nothing can be achieved, whereas misguided effort distracts the mind from its task, and confusion will be the consequence. Mental energy is the force behind right effort; it can occur in either wholesome or unwholesome states." I think that everyday most people show different forms of effort so at many different times in my life I have shown different efforts and different elements in my life that are important to me. Such as trying hard in school or a sport. But I also think that the amount of effort that Buddha put into making the world a better place is way beyond anything that i have done. So I think that putting in more effort in some parts of my life couldn't hurt.




No comments:

Post a Comment