Monday 13 December 2010

Unit 2 Reflection: Prehistory and Early Humans

1. Describe how you prepared/studied for the unit test.
a) Do you think your studying strategies were effective - why/not?
Yes, I think that the study strategies were definitely effective. I tried two new studying strategies for this test (both of which I will keep doing because they are very helpful) the first is, I taught some of the big ideas to my dad and he would ask questions, by doing so I refreshed my memory on many things that hadn't occurred for me to study for the test. The second was Ms.Moore's strategy of brain storming the big idea's which also turned out to be effective while studying. Therefor I was definitely pleased with the way that I studied for this test.
b) How will you prepare next time?
I didn't read through any of the articles that we read and took notes on. By doing this I think that if we have any long answer questions on the next test (like we had in the unit 1 test)then if I have read some of the articles it will be easier to remember facts. Also I didn't study very many of the words that we had to define which, I will do next time.

2. What was the most surprising thing you learned about during this unit?
I wasn't aware before how many different types of hominids that there we over time (Neanderthal, homo habalis etc...) I had also never thought about the fact that we had to tame fire that we didn't always know how to control it.

3. If we had more time to spend on Prehistory and early humans - what would you want to learn more about?
I we could continue this unit I would like to learn more about some of the ancient hominids that we didn't really learn to much about. For example I don't remember learning much about Australopithecus, Palanthrobus, and some others.

No comments:

Post a Comment